Games for 3 - 5yrs Travel Bingo
Travel bingo for kids is a fantastic way to keep your little rascals quiet on long journeys. It is a game which is not only lots of fun at home but it is really easy to put in a hand bag if you have a train journey with kids or a plane to catch.
It does need a small amount of preperation - only about 20 mins or so which is a small price to pay for the amount of fun your kids will get out of it. If your child is 4 + or has an older sibbling they can help make the game, so even less work for you!
You will neeed:
- Either some card / paper depending on the durability you would like (if you have paper you can laminate it if you have a home laminater - £12 on Amazon here)
- Some colouring pencils / felt tip pens / coloured markers
- some coloured card / felt material / an old pillow case to cut up into squares - what ever you would like to use for covering up the pictures.
First make the boards - as this is for children I use simple pictures - 9 on each board. See below for our ones but feel free to make up your own.
You then need to cut up either some coloured card / paper / material for the squares to cover them. I found some strange thin neoprene / rubber sheets in our local pound shop and they work really well. Paper is fine but it will last longer as a game if you use something that survives being eaten / spilt on etc. I also use a different colour for each player.
Finally, make the cards for yourself / whoever is calling out the pictures to draw. We have 12 symbols in all and have the following cards:
Off you go! Let each child choose a board - if you have one child then you can play this with them.
- You put the symbol cards face down and shuffle them then put into a pile.
- You can take it in turns to turn the top one over and whoever has that symbol covers it up ( you may need to supervise to prevent cheating).
- Whoever covers all the symbols on their board first wins.
You can make it more educational by asking your child about the symbol card you pick up: what is it? what colour is it? what noise does it make? etc....
Click on the stars to rate